Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One has to start somewhere!

It doesn’t look like much yet, but I finally started with my Romance Blog.

Before I began to write this, I looked up Romance Novel and its Wiki definition :

“The romance novel is a literary genre developed in Western culture, mainly in English-speaking countries. Novels in this genre place their primary focus on the relationship and romantic love between two people, and must have an "emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending."  (source Wikipedia)

At the moment I read a lot of historical romance, predominantly regency. I like my heroes gorgeous, rakish and irresistible, the kind parents warn daughters about. The Dark Hero tamed in the end by the love of a good woman, etc., etc.. This preference goes back a long way: as a teenager I astonished my English literature teacher during a conversation in class about “Ivanhoe” by declaring:” Rebecca was an idiot, I would have gone with Brain Bois Guilbert.” Not for me boring sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe.

I am looking forward to lots of new Romances, undiscovered authors and hours of relaxation! I have joined Romance Book Junkies ‘ 2011 Historical Romance Challenge. My first romance challenge ever and I definitely plan posting my monthly reviews.

What am I reading now?

Just finished: Reckless by Anne Stuart. (Reviewing it for the Challenge, so posting that before the end of the month)

Have started in: One Night With a Prince by Sabrina Jeffries.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment